HOC 50th Anniversary Events
Fall Info Fair - November 3
Kerncliff Park to Smokey Hollow
Day of week, DD/MM/YYYY
Saturday, October 28, 2023
Lisa Raftis and Bill Pote
EMAIL AND CELL NUMBER
(Locality, city and/or landmark)
Kerncliff Park, Burlington
MEETING AND START TIME
8:45 am for 9:00 am start
SPECIFIC MEETING PLACE OR PARKING LOCATION
(Include exact address, GPS coordinate and/or map)
Meet in the parking lot at Kerncliff Park, 2198 Kerns Road, Burlington. The parking lot is accessible by driving north on Kern’s Road from the North Service Road. A washroom is available. Kerncliff Park - Google Maps
9 - 12 km
Leisurely / Moderate / Fast
Moderate 3 - 4 km per hour
3 hours walking time
Easy / Moderate / Challenging
Moderate to challenging. Some roots, rocks, stairs and hills
TYPE OF HIKE:
i.e. Loop, There & Back or Combination
Out and back along main Bruce trail and part of side trail
HIKE GENERAL DESCRIPTION
Point of interests
View of Burlington from the escarpment and the falls at Smokey Hollow
Yes. A Must. Leaders appreciate early registration and at least 24 hours before the event.
• If your plans change, please self-cancel as soon as possible so that other HOC members may take your spot.
• The club may cancel due to bad weather that may impact the safety of participants or due to low attendance.
ONLINE REGISTRATION &
HIKER GROUP SIZE
Registration opens 2 weeks before the hike. Up to 20 hikers are welcome to participate in this event
WHAT TO BRING
• Wear supportive hiking boots with good tread. Hiking poles will be helpful.
• Dress in layers according to weather; wear/bring waterproof rainwear.
• Bring snacks and enough water for the duration of the hike.
• Sun and bug protection if necessary.
Other Specifics to Your Hike
i.e. social to follow hike
Join Us Membership Sign Up
Email Us email@example.com
Call Us 905-634-2012 1-877-877-4550
Mail Us 3023 New St. P.O. Box 91565 Burlington, ON L7R 4L6
Things We Do
Cross Country Ski | Snowshoe
Events CalendarEvents List ViewEvents Listed by SportExtended TripsSport Guidelines
Ski and Snowshoe Day Trips and LessonsEvent FAQs
General Club InformationForumsPhoto GalleryNewsletterTrip LeadingRetailer DiscountsBoard Member Resources