Winter Rendezvous Mountsberg
Saturday March 6
Arrival Time: Between 9:00 – 10:00 a.m.
The plan is to have HOC members come to Mounstberg Conservation Area on the morning of March 6th, arriving anytime between 9:00 and 10:00 and staying for 2 hours. You can choose to xc ski, snowshoe, or hike. This is NOT a guided activity, but you can use this opportunity to arrange to meet with friends. Think of this as being similar to a ski/snowshoe day trip, where we all arrive at a destination and do our own thing BUT there will be the potential to share the trails with other HOC members. You must book your own time to enter Mounstberg Conservation Area. We also ask that you register on our HOC Events Calendar, as this allows all of us to see who else is coming and it will give us an idea of numbers attending.
Registration: There are 2 steps to registration
STEP 1: Register with HOC on the Events Calendar
STEP 2: Register on-line with Conservation Halton to book your visit to Mountsberg on March 6 between 9:00 and 10:00 a.m. Here is what you do:
- On google search, type in parkvisit.ca. Hit Enter.
- Click on ‘Conservation Halton Reservation’
- Arrow over to make sure the page is on Mounstberg. Make sure you book the right park!
- Choose Saturday, March 6 anytime between 9:00 – 10:00 (or later if the time slots fill up). Time slots are 10 minutes apart and allow you to stay 2 hours.
- Follow the prompts to complete registration
- The cost is $6.50 per adult or $5.00 per senior or free if you are a member of Conservation Halton. Have your license plate number on hand.
- Cancellation with Conservation Halton is possible (read the terms and conditions) and you may self-cancel with HOC, if your plans change.
HOC is not limiting numbers but there may be restrictions for Mountsberg so we advise you to book as soon as possible.
Upon arrival to the parking lot, just gear up and start your chosen activity and you are bound to meet others at the start or on the trail. We will not be gathering as a group as we typically do.
Terrain and Conditions: Trails are relatively wide and smooth and conducive to xc skiing/snowshoeing . The terrain is generally quite flat. We cannot forecast the actual snow conditions in advance. Please note that Mountsberg does not groom or set tracks for skiing, so you may be skiing where people have walked or snowshoed.
Notes: If you are hiking, traction devices and poles will be useful. If you plan to ski or snowshoe but conditions are not good, bring hiking boots etc. so you have an alternate activity. Carry water, snacks, extra layers, and a mask.
The club’s Covid-19 Safety Guidelines will be observed.
You will be able to arrive at Mountsberg 15 minutes prior to your allotted time and your visit will be limited to 2 hours.
Coordinators: Freda and Clive Wright: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOPE TO SEE LOTS OF YOU ON THE TRAILS