Holiday Break - 4 nights
Wilderness camping Georgian Bay
We are returning to Cathcart Island area of Georgian Bay for a repeat performance of 2018.
- Beautiful wilderness site close to shore
- Enjoy spectacular sunsets
- Explore the many islands and inlets near our campground
- Self reliant for breakfast and lunch
- Dinner will be group participation (you may opt out)
- Participants responsible to provide their own camping and cooking gear.
- May be an option for some shared cooking supplies.
- All safety equipment is required
- Paddle conditions are B2; must have a proficient assisted rescue
We will be launching from Wasauksing Marina
Trip Leaders: Donna Barber; Karen Mitchell; Liz Brunato email@example.com
Skill Level: B-2
Pace and Endurance for Kayaking:
A: Not Strenuous - Daily paddling typically less than 3 hours, with distances of 5 kilometers or less.
B: Moderately Strenuous - Daily paddling typically between 3 and 5 hours, with distances of 5 to 20 kilometers.
C: Strenuous - Daily paddling typically more than 5 hours, with distances of 20 kilometers or more.
Skill Requirements for Kayaking
0 Beginner – No experience required
1 Novice - Requires basic paddling skills, practiced wet exits. Expect protected waters, easy landings and shelter for resting.
2 Intermediate - Requires basic paddling skills including ability to brace, self-rescue, and participate in assisted rescue. Be comfortable in 1 meter waves. Mostly protected waters, some difficult landings, and some sheltered spots for resting.
3 Experienced - Requires advanced paddling, seamanship and rescue skills. Ability to handle waves greater than 1 meter. Expect exposed waters, open crossings, moderate to strong windsurf, fog and potentially difficult landings. Sheltered resting and landing spots could be few.